Happy 2011! I am SO glad that it's a new year starting a fresh clean slate! 2010 was a year of negativity and sadness for me and I for one am glad to bid her adieu!! Don't believe me, here's just a little of what happened in 2010:
1. I brought in 2010 with the death of my grandma. I was very close to her and that was a really crappy way to start off the new year.
2. As a result of #1, we had to start purging my grandma's house. Saying good bye to some of her things, clothes, and furniture was very sad for me.
3. As a result of #1-2, I said good bye to Texarakana, probably never to go there again. Some of my most treasured childhood memories happened there.
4. Driving away from my grammy's house that last time was EXTREMELY sad for me. Knowing that I would never go there again, and that I would never see her again in my life, made me feel completely lost.
5. I had to say good bye to my uncle as we moved him to Oregon to live.
6. A friendship that I cherished ended because of gossiping and non-communication. Why can't people just confront others when they hear things are said?
7. As a result of #5, I lost a job that I loved very much.
8. My son started his last year of high school, which made each moment sad because I would think, "This is his last..." at home.
9. My sweet uncle passed away after a short illness.
10. I lost several friends to death which made me feel empty.
11. Some dear friends moved away.
12. I was released from a calling that I truly enjoyed. But, the upside to that one is that the church did away with the calling, so I was the last activities committee chairman that my ward would ever see.
Now, with the new year comes new goals. I have a commitment to making 2011 the best that I can and I have a resolve to meet each and every one of these goals!! We'll see one year from now how well I did. Here's my goals for the new year:
1. scrap one layout a day
2. print off my layouts monthly
3. finish all my started crochet projects
4. spend one hour a day on my genealogy (organizing, researching, preparing names etc.)
5. read the Book of Mormon every day
6. pray daily
7. work out daily at WIMPS
8. recommit to my Weight Watchers program
9. read one new book a month
10. write a weekly review in my journal (I didn't think I could commit to once a day)
And so far, 2011 is looking great!! I have taken photos of myself for my weight loss album. I have taken my measurements and have weighed and started a weight journal.
I also have news!! I made it onto Traci Reed's CT!! I can't tell you how excited I was when I got her email letting me know I was chosen! Woo hoo!!
Well, I need to get going!! I have things to do!!