The Scrappin Genealogist

Monday, September 27, 2010

Homecoming and more

This past Friday was Homecoming in our little town. We started it off with a pep rally, which by my standards, wasn't too peppy. I grew up in Texas and we screamed and hollered at our pep rallies! This was not like that. But, it was still neat!! Then we had the JV football game and we won 28-8. Then the big football game!! It was so neat to watch my son play and what's better - we WON 48-6. Woo hoo!! That was an awesome game!!

I got some seriously sad news this weekend. It seems my favorite uncle has been diagnosed with cancer. He is supposed to go in on Monday to see if there is any spreading and what stage he is in. If it's a low enough stage and no spreading, they can do surgery. If it's a high stage, then they won't be able to. I am going to be on pins and needles and not the good kind waiting for the text from my cousin.

Church was wonderful yesterday. It was fast Sunday because our semiannual general conference is next weekend. I love hearing testimonies and yesterday, all the testimonies were very good and uplifting. The women's broadcast on Saturday was fabulous!! I just love hearing the leaders of my church speak and all the talks were so good, especially President Monson's. His talk was centered around not judging people and following the Lord's commandment to love one another. He told a story about a lady that always looked out her window and she would see her neighbor's laundry on the line and it was always dirty. She would say, "Why doesn't someone go and teach her how to wash clothes?" and "Doesn't she know how to get clothes clean?" Then one morning, she got up and looked our her window and was pleased to see that her neighbors laundry was nice and clean. When she asked her husband if he had seen someone over there doing the lady's laundry, he replied: "No I haven't, but I got up early this morning and washed our windows."

I just love that story!! We need to make sure our own windows are clean before we make judgements on anyone else. What a wonderful and simple story to illustrate the importance of not judging others. It makes me very excited to hear what they say this weekend at the general conference. I love this time of year.

Well, it's time to go and purge my office. I hope I don't get buried alive in there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment