The Scrappin Genealogist

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lots of updates!

It's been almost a month since my last update. I need to get better about this. LOL

My first update is that I have now lost 50.6 lbs and 41 inches! I am so happy and feeling great! I know I have so much more to lose, but I have the momentum going now and I just love Weight Watchers!! I am also walking every morning and it feels great. Since school has started, I haven't been walking up at the school and I really miss my walking buddies - Christine, Janet, Ron, and the boys. But, I do my one mile walk away the pounds dvd every morning while Beka is at seminary.

School started here on the 30th! My son is a senior and I can't believe that he'll be graduating! I don't want him to, but we can't keep them babies forever now can we? He is playing varsity football and is loving it. My baby girl also started high school. It's so hard to believe that my baby is in high school! These years have just flown by. My oldest daughter is a junior and it's hard to believe that she'll be a senior next year.

I have started to organize my digital scrapping files and have realized that I have a LOT of junk. So, I have been purging what I know I won't use. I am so totally hooked on Cindy Schneider's templates over at Sweet Shoppe Designs. She takes all the fuss out and it makes scrapping so easy! I was SO against templates when I started, but now, I think I own her entire store. I haven't posted anything online yet. I plan on it, I just haven't wanted too yet. LOL If I do, I'll probably post them on my Facebook page.

We have missed a lot of church lately. We missed two weeks because we were out of town and this week we missed because we were all sick. It was the quietest day this house has seen in a long time as we all just stayed in bed and rested. Our busiest time of year for activities is coming up. We have our Trunk or Treat on the 30th and we invited the other two wards that we share a building with to come. Then we have our annual chili cook off in November and our Feliz Navidad party in December. Plus, I have my annual cookie and bread exchanges. So, this fall is shaping up to be a busy one.

Now that school is in session, I have decided to start purging my house. I have been watching that show Hoarders, and man, can I just say wow!! I can't believe that people live like that. My house is very cluttered, but I am proud to say that it is clean. My grammy was a hoarder, but she was a clean hoarder. Some of these people had trash all over their homes. I mean trash as in used food containers, food wrappers, one lady even had used adult diapers. Yuck! There was a lady on there from Louisiana, and when they started to shovel the trash out of her house - they found TWO dead cats. Yuck! So, I've decided to purge stuff. My new rule is - if I haven't used it in six months, I am donating it.

Well, I guess this is a long enough post for now! I have to get going! I'm working on a new Charles Wysocki jigsaw puzzle and I am almost finished. I just love his art and his puzzles are challenging, but very fun! I also have 26 episodes of The Office that I need to watch! LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment