Darcy got this from Janet and I thought it would be fun to participate. So, here's mine.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hands down hot chocolate made with milk and topped with a dollop of whipped cream.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When my kids were little, yes, Santa wrapped the presents using the same paper. But, now that they are all teenagers and no longer believe in Santa, mom wraps them. LOL
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love plain white lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the day after Thanksgiving, but not this year. LOL We're off to a late start.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I love my mama's cornbread stuffing and giblet gravy.
7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? We always went to my grammy's house for Christmas. Every year, we'd get clothes and we had to have a fashion show to model them and then we took a photo in front of her buffet. We have about 10 years worth of those photos.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was about 8. My mom had me wrap the presents and so I knew.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, we always open the Christmas pjs and sleep in them on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? My tree is covered with ornaments that I've bought my kids throughout the years as well as their art projects from school when they were little.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love me a white Christmas - just as long as I don't have to go out in it.
12. Can you ice skate? Nope.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Oh wow. I've had so many throughout the years, but I would say that my favorite is a Little Bo Beep from Toy Story that my youngest "bought" me when she was five. When they were good in class, they earned "Paul" dollars (the teacher's name was Mrs. Paul) and at the beginning of December, they would get to go to "Paul Mart" and spend their Paul dollars. My little baby girl was SO excited to see me open that gift on Christmas day. It meant SO much to her and that's why it's special to me. It still sits on my desk.
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Celebrating the gift of the Savior's birth with my family.
15. What is your favorite Christmas Dessert? Homemade pumpkin cheesecake.
16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? On Christmas Eve, we always listen to Christmas carols and open our pjs and then we sleep with the tree on all night.
17. What tops your tree? A star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I would much rather give than receive.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Contemporary would be "I'll be home for Christmas" and religious it would be "Silent Night."
20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? The pepperminty ones are yucky, but I love the cinnamon ones.
21 Favorite Christmas Show? Ok, for the serious ones, I love "It's a wonderful life" and "A Christmas Carol" and for contemporary funny ones, I love "Elf" and "Christmas Vacation."
22. Saddest Christmas Song? "Do they know it's Christmas time" by Band Aid.
23. What’s your Wish for Christmas. My only wish is that my kids have a good Christmas and enjoy being together. This is our last Christmas with my son as a minor and living at home, so it's going to be a bittersweet one for us.