The Scrappin Genealogist

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Knowledge is empowering

I've been feeling pretty down the last few days. I don't want to say what caused it, but it was there just the same. But, today a friend of mine sent me a link to a talk that Elder Jeffrey R. Holland gave about not giving up. It was JUST what I needed today. That same friend (thanks Jan) came over and took me out to lunch. It was just what the doctor ordered. I needed to get away and just be with a friend and it was awesome. I've had a nice long chat with my heavenly father about it and we've decided that enough is enough. I have enough knowledge to empower myself and I'm gonna use it. It feels great, but sad at the same time.

I didn't do too much genealogy work as I've been commissioned to revamp a Boy Scout website. So, I had a call yesterday and will be getting another one today. That should keep me pretty busy. I do need to work on some genealogy because I've recently found some good hits, but that will have to wait. Perhaps I'll have time to work on it tomorrow.

I also need to do some scrapping, so there's a few busy days in my future. LOL But, I love staying busy. Beka is a YW camp and Zakk has been in full football training mode. So, I pretty much have had the house to myself the last few days and it's been nice.

Anyway, I need to get ready for a conference call, so I will be back later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment